Let's start with a to do list:
- Complete a middle grade or YA manuscript and share it with the three other writers in my retreat critique group. (completed)
- Read the three manuscripts of the other critique group members. (shortest of the three read, started on the second)
- Read The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman and Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne and Dave King. (both purchased)
- Read your own MS so it is fresh in your mind. (complete)
- Mail first chapter/query letter/synopsis of your MS to Darcy Pattison. (complete)
- Fill out short critique forms on the critique group manuscripts. (Okay, I should have done the first one before starting the second book.....)
The retreat is set up for a max of twenty attendees -- as of January 12th there were still three openings. I'm looking forward to the retreat. Now, I have a lot of reading to do!
Oh, one last thing. Since I have so much reading to do, here's a little quiz I found at Writer Musings with my results:
|What Kind of Reader Are You? |
Your Result: Literate Good Citizen
You read to inform or entertain yourself, but you're not nerdy about it. You've read most major classics (in school) and you have a favorite genre or two.
|What Kind of Reader Are You?|
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz