Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Picking Next Writing Project

I'm at the point where I've just sent out a full MS for critique and need to figure out which of my unfinished projects is attended to next.

Project A: Completed novel requiring both 3rd to 1st person change and gender change for MC. General subject is time suspension.

Project B: Ghost/basketball story. Originally a 3500 word short story, but it's in reality the beginning of a novel. (I pretty much need more than 3500 words to tell any story.)

I like both stories. A requires less time than B, but I'm coming off a lot of revision work and the change of pace of new writing might be good. Then again if I procrastinate long enough I'll be back to the project I just "finished" for the next round of revisions.

I'll wake up tomorrow with a decision and it won't be based on blood type (I'm O).

5 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Glad writing is going so well, Jim!

Sara Jackson said...

I often feel that since we spend so much time on one story, when it's done we don't quite know what to do with ourselves. So, the next obvious thing for us writers is to dive into our next project - sometimes blindly - sometimes with our eyes wide open.

I just had my first picture book published "Jack's Dreams Come To Life," which is for sale on Amazon.com and I'm stressing over how to market it. But I'm ready for whatever comes my way.

http://sara-jackson.blogspot.com

Jim Danielson said...

Tricia and Sara, thanks for stopping by. Sara, congrats on your book!

christine M said...

So, have you picked the project yet? Which one of those great stories are you going to tackle next?

Jim Danielson said...

The time suspension revision. It deserves the attention first.

I'm back on the ghost mystery again though :-)