Now if you think I was excited about getting a free ARC of her book, check out how excited she was to have everyone get them!
A few brief notes from Andrea's comments in the breakout session:
- She dreamt of writing novels and riding horses. She decided to spend a summer riding--until the first day a spooked horse crushed her foot. Since she spent the next weeks unable to apply weight to the foot, she wrote a novel. (For those who know how I spent last summer, yell at me for not working as hard as Andrea!)
- She had two "practice novels before NIGHTSHADE.
- NIGHTSHADE is not just another werewolf book -- The characters revel in the beauty wolves and the magic which surrounds their lives. (Andrea: I hope I expressed that correctly from my notes.)
- Andrea writes a novel's first draft in about four weeks.
- Andrea is a punctuation freak in the sense she loves to use commas, semi-colons, ellipses -- she's also a copy editor's nightmare. In spite of the fact that she is a full time college professor.
Next post: Stephanie Hemphill