Sunday, January 20, 2008

Meme

Okay, I've been memed by PJ Hoover (aka Tricia).

Here's the deal:

The rules are:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

I'm set up on the desk in my daughter's room (parents reclaim space when kids are off at college). You don't mind do you Kelly???? See. I even asked her. Anyhow, I looked across at the bookshelf her and the first book I saw was: Calculus. I looked at the next shelf. Ahhh, Wicked sounds better.

p123
So the boys took to swimming and rowing on the lake with the girls. Boq tried to fan in himself an interest in Shenshen or Pfannee, who certainly were coquettish enough. But they both seemed besotted with Avaric.

Well, don't remember that being in the stage production and its not that interesting. (just Boq). Let's try Calculus.

p123 Calculus

I can't type exponents -- oh well.

I'm going to refrain from tagging 5 more people. Sorry.

Jim D

3 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Don't you have an equation editor?

Barrie said...

You're right; that passage wasn't overly interesting. I tried it with A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews. Maybe slightly better? it gives a sense of her personality.

I said: I do ride my bike everywhere. No, he said, but in Paris, with a big carrier that could hold baguettes and wine and fresh flowers. I said: Baguettes? Then why would I have to learn how to bake bread?

Okay. Enough procrastinating on my part! Another page before I sleep...

Barrie said...

Hey Jim! You won a book on my blog. :) Could you check out today's post, then email me which book you'd like? barrieDOTsummyATgmailDOTcom

Congrats!