Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Two Great Sources of Writing Information

As we begin the new year, we have probably all made resolutions to improve our writing, health and happiness. I offer two places to gather writing info and potentially help out with the writing improvement category.

The first is the Class of 2k8 site. The class of 2k8 is a group of authors who are having their first book's published during 2008. I spent time last weekend looking at book descriptions/publisher with the thought in mind "What books are being accepted from new authors and by what publishers?" Also, I might add, two authors with books coming out January 8 are:
Liz Gallagher (The Opposite of Invisible)
Lisa Schroeder (I Heart You You Haunt Me)).
The second is Illinois-SCBWI's online newsletter. It contains a lot of good articles -- and there's also the one I wrote for the edition just posted (my first article contributed). You can find it in the "Fly on the Wall" section.
Happy Writing in 2008!
Jim

3 comments:

Jenny Meyerhoff said...

Hi Jim,
The Gary Paulson speech sounds fantastic. I wish I could have gone. Congrats on a great Prairie Wind article.
And from one Illinois-SCBWIer to another, thanks for mentioning the class of 2k8!

Jim D said...

Your most welcome!
Congrats on being part of 2k8!

Barrie said...

Thanks from me to for mentioning 2k8. I'm off to read your article!