- Everyone participated and shared what they wrote.
- The rest of us were able to guess the living thing and room in the majority of cases or at least come close.
- One writer took the exercise to the next level and decided a ladybug wouldn't really know the names of furnature and took it upon herself to describe a four post bed --Bravo!
- One writer commented that having a time limit showed the value of time limits to get that initial set of words down on paper.
- Everyone had fun.
- Everyone wants another writing exercise next month. (any good ideas???)
Two other notes:
Congrats to Nnedi Okorafor-Mbachu whose novel The Shadow Speaker is a finalist for the NAACP Image Awards (to be presented Feb 14). Nnedi is an Illinois-SCBWI member. I might add she has a book signing this Sunday.
I also heard Jenny Meyerhoff's workshop on voice at the North Suburb meeting last night was fantastic. (I unfortunately wan't there.) Jenny is a member of the Class of 2k8.