Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Writing Tip Tuesday - Where Ideas Come From

Ideas for writing are everywhere! We just need to let them surface at will. One of the novels that's still more in my head than on paper comes from a dream I had -- NOTE: an important point is that I wrote detailed notes very early the next day or the idea would no longer exist.

Another idea was suggested in a writing magazine interview with I believe R. L. Stine. He said a lot of his stories start as a title and develop from that title. I tried this for a short story I submitted to CBAY for the ghost story anthology that has since (sadly) been pulled. The title used the word "possession" as kind of a double meaning between ghosts and basketball and the story just kind of grew from there.

Where do your ideas come from???

Let's always make sure we listen when they appear!

No comments: