Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thing I'm Thankful For

There are a million things I have to be thankful for this year. Some are hugely obvious if you know me -- see my poetry post from Nov 7 and you'll know how thankful I am for my wife.

Here, however, is an eclectic list of other less obvious things:

  • I'm thankful we are going to my nephew's for dinner tomorrow leaving us time to go see a movie tonight. We saw 4 Christmases. At the Dad's house (Vince Vaughn's Dad), our cloth countdown calender was in the kitchen -- I think that means ours must be tacky and will be discarded.
  • I'm thankful my daughter (math major) is home from college for the week. She even shared a mathematician/bartender joke. Now that's a true college student's joke.
  • I'm thankful for the prize package I got from Lisa Yee's contest. In addition to a signed copy of So Totally Emily Ebers , I received peeps. A few were microwaved here (I took a video). The rest gave their lives to science in my son's physics class (he's the teacher).
  • I'm thankful for the children's writing community. Special thanks to editor Martha Mihalick (from Greenwillow Books) for a very thorough critique in conjunction with Prairie Writer's Day -- it was far more detailed than those I've received in the past and had some very useful points. (I'm sure she'll never see this, but I'm none less thankful).
  • You're thankful that I know when it's time to end what could be an endless list.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Jim

6 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

It's a great list! Happy Thanksgiving!

Vivian Mahoney said...

A great list, Jim! Congrats on winning the prize in Lisa Yee's contest. Your entry was great! And so awesome about the helpful critique.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Carrie Harris said...

Are you going to post the peep video? :)

Hope you had a great thanksgiving and all that stuff.

Jim Danielson said...

PJ, Vivian and Carrie: Thanks for stopping by.

Carrie: You asked for it (but it might not live up to the hype, Peeps video is posted.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim. What exactly is a "ghost mystery"? I'm revising a YA at the moment, one with a ghost in it, my first attempt at the paranormal. I don't really know what I'm doing. Any suggestions for good books to read. Your own, of course. Any others?

Joey Mccormick said...

Interesting thoughtss